!-- Javascript Ad Tag: 6454 -->

Friday, March 22, 2013

Serena Williams, who played his first game since returning entrenched at the top of the world rankings, as the winner at the start of the Miami Sony Open, when he beat Italy's Flavia Pennetta, 6-1 6-1, on Thursday (03/21/2013 ).



Serena Williams, who played his first game since returning entrenched at the top of the world rankings, as the winner at the start of the Miami Sony Open, when he beat Italy's Flavia Pennetta, 6-1 6-1, on Thursday (03/21/2013 ).
  
In his first match after receiving a first round bye, Williams appeared a bit sluggish, which made two mistakes in service initially, but ultimately can not be stopped when he was finding his rhythm.
  
"I think I played slowly at first, but eventually I was able to move quickly, until eventually won the game. I will try to win the next game," he said.
  
"I do not feel too be on top when they announced 'this is the number one player in the world'," he said.
  
"I think as my confidence increased, I can make my game better. It's all about how we feel," he said.
  
At the age of 31, Williams is the oldest tennis player at the top of the world rankings, but he said it was still young and there is no loss of motivation in its sixth title at the Sony Open.
  
Players from China, Li Na, also drove early on in the tournament, and won the first time since losing in the Australian Open final.
  
Li, losing to Victoria Azarenka in Melbourne, won the last 10 points faster when the beat Kiki Bertens of the Netherlands 6-1, 6-1. "I am very good game today. I follow that plan and eventually all goes well," said Li.
  
Defending champion Agnieszka Radwanska staged six aces when set 6-3, 6-2 win over Taiwan player Hsieh Su-Wei. "I will do my best to keep my trophies," said the Pole, "Winning this tournament was like winning a grand slam."
  
Former Wimbledon champion, Petra Kvitova and former world ranked first Caroline Wozniacki also won, but had to take pains.
  
Kvitova missed the first set before beating Peng Shuai 5-7, 6-2, 6-2, while Wozniacki to fight as well as losing the first set before rolling his opponent from the Czech Pliskova Carolina, with the numbers 5-7, 6-3, 6 -3.

No comments:

Post a Comment