!-- Javascript Ad Tag: 6454 -->

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The journey is not finished

The journey is not finished

  (The first part, Depok, West Java, Indonesia, August 5, 2014, 21:30)
 
John F Kennedy and Ir.Soekarno
In 1965 I was still sitting in the Kindergarten class 0 small, usually taken Kindergarten for two years, class O O small and large classes.

In the city of Balikpapan, which is famous called the oil city, because of this town since the Dutch era surrounded by many oil and gas wells, no wonder in this city since the days of the Dutch already contained Refinery Processing Fuel (BBM).

In this year the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) again on the rise, as can the protection of the First President of Indonesia, Ir. Sukarno. At the time of President Sukarno to visit to Balikpapan, as usual all school children no exception kindergarten children Persit Candra Kirana (Mothers run the Army Wife) also welcomed the arrival Ir.Soekarno deployed.



Russian Marines


Although I did not get to shake hands with Ir Soekarno who come on our open car wearing only scout had a small red and white flag waving, which welcomed IR. Sukarno with a wave and smile, That was enough to impress Sukarno has come to embrace us.

As usual the next day we attended grade school, I still remember one of his teachers seemed to of members of the Indonesian Communist Women's Movement (Gerwani) which tries to provide early communist indoctrination.
'' Children today we bring chocolate to you all, chocolate is from whom and who is made​​, the teacher Mrs. Brown from the factory for chocolate, '' simultaneously responsible children Kindergarten average 4-year-old to six this year. '' Can God's love chokelate Brown to you now, ''. is not. '' Unison responsibility of the student.

Kindergarten (TK) is located beside the left corner Soccer Field Sudirman, while I stayed in the army quartermaster Dormitory (now Bekumdam / Supplies Command of the Army) across the football field Sudirman (famous Sentosa II) adjacent to Prapatan market.

I still remember the field along the Sudirman no luxury housing (according to the size of that era, which occupied much of the Russian Army (first army of the Communist Soviet Union) where this is used as the headquarters of the Russian army, because at this time many submarines and warships docked in port Balikpapan.

We along with other kindergarten children coming home from school and always walk past the Russian Army housing, if any of them appear in front of their house we always waved, which rewarded them with a smile and a wave as well.

I still remember when I was not a school in kindergarten for two years, but only one year, from the direct entry grade o small public elementary school class 3 Valley Road, not far from the location of the school kindergarten Kartika Candra Kirana Persit. I was from home always walk to school, after two-three days I was able to transfer my father's own way to school.





Orang Utan

At that time I still remember the rather long school holidays every month of Ramadan we usually holiday of Eid holidays plus a full month, and each is also a good long vacation before I went to school and after school I picked up my grandmother, I, my sister and my brother always brought Grandma in Somber his home region (Wain river) was the first to be reached by small boat to paddle for 24 hours, when the rainy season due to more rapid backflow of water into the upstream journey may take longer.

I sometimes help grandma and dato (Grandfather) rowing boat. I still remember at that time in Balikpapan bay before entering the estuary of Sungai Wain Somber and we welcomed thousands of orangutans merrily jumping from one tree branch to other branches. At that time the forest around Balikpapan Bay still Wilds and filled with mangroves.

In 1968 Our family moved house from a small dormitory to house in Kampung Baru rather large Middle, Stage house stood with the pole of ironwood high, so if the tide does not sink the house. I recently Wipe Elementary 3rd grade elementary school moved to New Village Middle School 1.

I still remember the beach behind my house is clean and not polluted, so she did not bother to buy fish at the market, just waiting for that kind of rice we get a sack every month, because when it's with nine children, five women, four men, can kind of rice entirely (not known restrictions Natura Family Planning and rice).






Phyton Snake


So every morning when I entered the school day I was fishing  the fish and crab catching , when entering school in the morning with only knickers I rowed a small boat seaside fishing to catch fish and crabs swimming crabs, at least I carry various types of fish and crabs of the basin so big enough for our squad (nine children), even if there is more we love to our neighbor . So even though my father was a soldier a small salary but adequate food and clothing, let alone my brother sell fried foods and ice plastic (formerly known New Style es) in front of the house

My grandmother lading when it is farmed in the woods around the Sungai Wain, when it all down the river along the river Wain thousands Orang Utan hanging and hanging python snake coiled on a tree branch.

Amazingly when we to sail small boat there any python snake that splash into the river in front of our boat. But because we are not accustomed disturbed by swinging python snake that sometimes one meter above our heads.

'The important thing is we do not bother them (That snakes), advice datoku (grandfather) one day. If they are disturbed they will attack us. I still remember the stories my grandfather used if there are soldiers who hunt pigs and deer in the woods, but not pigs and deer are killed but also snakes Phiton it, '' that soldier was killed phiton swallowed by a snake and palm trees throughout.

In 2000 when I was on duty so Tugu Insurance Company Branch Manager Self, I can not see again many Orang Utan and Snake Phiton in Balikpapan Bay estuary, as well as along the Sungai Wain forest conservation area except in the Orang Utan in Sungai Wain.


Children in the Middle Kampung Baru was difficult to find fish and crabs swimming crabs along the coastline, but to row the boat a little to the middle towards the Java Sea. Pollution and human greed has destroyed the balance of nature, because the python snake reportedly hunted for their skin  sold to Java to make a wide variety of trinkets such as bags and belts made ​​of snake skin. (Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment