!-- Javascript Ad Tag: 6454 -->

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

President Joko Widodo 'meet' OPM leader in Papua

President Joko Widodo 'meet' OPM leader in Papua

During a visit to Papua, on May 1, President Jokowi going to Puncak Jaya.
President Joko Widodo during a visit to Papua upcoming May 1, 2015, is scheduled to meet with Goliath Tabuni, one of the leaders of the rebel groups OPM, OPM.
It was submitted by Paradise XVII Commander Major General G. Fransen Siahaan told reporters in Jayapura, Wednesday, March 25th.
In his trip to Papua, the President will travel to Tingginambut in Puncak Jaya and will meet with the Goliath Tabuni, as reported Angel Bertha Sinaga in Jayapura for BBC Indonesia.
"For this, the military will build a helipad at high altitude or small hills," said Maj Siahaan.
Added that Goliath Tabuni -which was about 60 years-estimated been abandoned by his followers.
"Currently 23 of his followers have been dropped (cat. Surrendering). This is a sign that Goliath had not trusted," said Commander.
Goliath desire to meet with President Jokowi, according to Commander XVII Paradise, submitted by Regent Puncak Jaya, Henock Ibo.
"Goliath down carrying a weapon or not, we still accept it. Because he also citizens of Indonesia," said Commander.
Currently at the headquarters of Goliath in the mountains, it is estimated there are 40 firearms. BBC

Free Papua Movement
Indonesian From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Morning Star flag.svg
Operation date 1965-present
Papuan nationalism ideology
Free Papua Movement (OPM abbreviated) is an organization established in 1965 to end the provincial government of Papua and West Papua are currently in Indonesia, formerly known as Irian Jaya, [1] and to secede from Indonesia.

This movement is banned in Indonesia, and the trigger for the occurrence of independence for the province which resulted in charges of treason. [2] Since the beginning of the OPM has seeked diplomatic dialogue, perform the Morning Star flag raising ceremony, and performed as part of a militant action Papua conflict. Supporters regularly display the Morning Star flag and other symbols of the unity of Papua, such as the national anthem "Hai Tanahku Papua" and the symbol of the state, which has been adopted in the period 1961 to the Indonesian government began in May 1963 under the Treaty of New York.

Graffiti OPM in Sentani, Papua
During World War II, the Dutch East Indies (later became Indonesia) guided by Sukarno to supply oil for the sake of the Japanese war effort and immediately declared independence under the name of the Republic of Indonesia on August 17, 1945. The Dutch New Guinea (West New Guinea) and Australia who run the government in the territories of Papua and Guinea Britain refused Japanese occupation and become allies the United States and Australian troops along the Pacific War.

Dutch and Dutch New Guinea relationship before the war ended with the appointment of Papuan civilians to rule [3] until the Indonesian government is activated in 1963. Although there is an agreement between Australia and the Netherlands in 1957 that the territory belongs to them better united and independent, the lack of development in the territory of Australia and the interests of the United States makes these two regions separated. OPM was established in December 1963 with the announcement, "We do not want modern life! We reject any development: the group of religious leaders, humanitarian agencies, and government organizations. Leave us alone! [Sic]" [4]

Dutch New Guinea holding elections in January 1961 and the New Guinea Council sworn in April 1961. However, in Washington, DC, National Security Adviser McGeorge Bundy lobbied US President John F. Kennedy to negotiate the transfer of administration of West New Guinea to Indonesia. [5] The Treaty of New York designed by Robert Kennedy and signed by the Netherlands, Indonesia, and the United Nations in August 1962.

Although the Netherlands demanded that the people of Western New Guinea allowed to self-determination according the UN Charter and Resolution 1514 (XV) of the UN General Assembly as the "Act of Free Choice," New York Agreement provides respite seven years and eliminate the authority of the UN to oversee the implementation of the Act. [ 6] The separatists raising the West Papuan Morning Star flag on 1 December each year. The date they perceive as the Papuan independence. Indonesian Police speculate that those who commit such acts could be charged with treason the punishment in the form of imprisonment for 7 to 20 years in Indonesia. [7]

In October 1968, Nicolaas Jouwe, members of the Council and the National Committee elected New Guinea Council in 1962, lobbied the UN and claimed 30,000 Indonesian troops and thousands of Indonesian civil servants suppress the Papuan population. [8] According to the US Ambassador Francis Joseph Galbraith, Secretary Indonesian Foreign Adam Malik also believe that the Indonesian military is the cause of the problem in this territory and the number of personnel to be reduced by half. Galbraith explained that the OPM "represents the anti-Indonesian sentiment" and "the possibility of 85-90 percent of [the population of Papua] supports OPM or at least greatly disliked Indonesian people". [9]

Brigadier General Sarwo oversee the design and implementation of the Act of Free Choice on July 14 until August 2, 1969. The UN representative Oritiz Sanz arrived on August 22, 1968 and repeatedly requested that Gen. Sarwo allow the system one person, one vote (a process known as referendum or plebiscite name), but the request was denied on the grounds that such activities are not included in the Treaty of New York, 1962. [10] 1025 Papua elders chosen and notified of the procedures listed in the New York Agreement. The result is an agreement of integration with Indonesia.

Declaration of the Republic of West Papua [edit | edit source]

Protest "Free West Papua" in Melbourne, Australia, August 2012
In response, Nicolaas Jouwe and two OPM commander, Seth and Jacob Hendrik Jafeth Roemkorem Prai, plans to declare the independence of Papua in 1971. On July 1, 1971, and Prai Roemkorem declared Republic of West Papua and quickly design a constitution.

Conflict between Roemkorem and Prai strategy led to the split into two factions OPM: PEMKA led Prai and TPN led Roemkorem. This split greatly affects the ability of the OPM as a centralized combat troops.

Since 1976, the mining company Freeport Indonesia officials often received a letter from OPM that threaten the company and ask for help in planning the spring uprising. The company refused to cooperate with the OPM. Starting July 23 to September 7, 1977, OPM militia carry out their threat to Freeport and cutting slurry pipelines and fuel, cut off the telephone and electric wires, burned a barn, and detonated a bomb at a company facility. Freeport estimates that losses reached $ 123,871.23. [1]

In 1982, OPM Revolutionary Council (OPMRC) was established under the leadership of Moses and Werror, OPMRC try to achieve independence through international diplomacy campaign. OPMRC aims to gain international recognition of the independence of West Papua through international forums such as the UN, the Non-Aligned Movement, the South Pacific Forum, and ASEAN.

In 1984, OPM attack in Jayapura, the capital of the province and the city that dominated the Indonesian non-Melanesian. This attack directly suppressed Indonesian military with counter-insurgency action is greater. This failure created an exodus of refugees who allegedly assisted Papua OPM to camps in Papua New Guinea.

February 14, 1986, Freeport Indonesia OPM informed that they are active in the area and a number of Freeport employees are members or sympathizers of the OPM. On February 18, a letter signed "General Rebels" warns that "On Wednesday, February 19th, will be rain in Tembagapura". Around 22:00 CEST, unknown people cut slurry pipelines and fuel with a saw, so that "a lot of slurry, copper ore, silver, gold, and diesel fuel is wasted." In addition, they burned fences pipelines and shoot cops who tried to approach the scene. April 14, 1986, OPM militia re-cut the pipeline, disconnect the power cord, damaging sanitation systems, and burning tires. OPM technical crew attacked while approaching the scene, so that Freeport was forced to call the police and military assistance. [1]

In a separate incident in January and August 1996, OPM charming number of Europeans and Indonesia; The first of a group of researchers, then from the jungle camp. Two hostages from the first group were killed and the rest were released.

In July 1998, OPM flying their flag at the water tower on the island of Biak Biak town. They lived there for a few days before the Indonesian military to disperse them. Filep Karma was among those arrested. [11]

October 24, 2011, Octavian Dominggus Awes, Noble police chief, was shot by an unknown person in Mulia Airport, Puncak Jaya. Indonesian police suspected gunman was a member of the OPM. The series of attacks on Indonesian police forced them to deploy more personnel in Papua. [12]

On January 21, 2012, armed men suspected OPM members shot dead a civilian who was keeping the stalls. He was a homesteader from West Sumatra. [13]

On 8 January 2012, OPM launched an attack on a public bus that resulted in the death of three civilians and one soldier. 4 others were also injured. [14]

January 31, 2012, a member of OPM caught carrying one kilogram of drugs on the border between Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. These drugs are expected to be sold in Jayapura. [15]

April 8, 2012, OPM attacked a civilian aircraft Trigana Air after landing in the parking lot that will Mulia Airport, Puncak Jaya, Papua. Five armed militants OPM suddenly opened fire on the plane, so the plane lost control and crashed into a building. One person was killed, namely Leiron Kogoya, a journalist Papua Pos suffered gunshot wounds in the neck. The pilot and copilot Willy Beby Astek Resubun wounded by shrapnel. Yanti Korwa, a housewife, was wounded in the right arm and 4-year-old son, Pako Korwa, wounded in his left hand. Post-attack, the militants retreated to the woods around the airport. All the victims were civilians. [16]

Dated July 1, 2012, a routine security patrol was attacked OPM resulted in a civilian were killed. The victim was the president of the local village who was shot in the head and stomach. A military member was injured by broken glass. [17]

Dated July 9, 2012, three people were attacked and killed in Paniai, Papua. One of the victims was a soldier. The other two were civilians, including an 8 year old boy. The boy was found with stab wounds in the chest. [18]

Organizational hierarchy and authority of government [edit | edit source]
Internal organization OPM difficult to determine. In 1996 the 'Supreme Commander' OPM is Mathias Wenda. [19] A spokesman for OPM in Sydney, John Otto Ondawame, says it has more or less than nine commandment of independence. [19] Australian freelance journalist, Ben Bohane, said there have been seven decree independence. [19] Indonesian National Army said OPM has two main wings, 'Headquarters Victoria' and 'Defender of Truth'. The former are smaller, and led by ML Prawar until he was shot dead in 1991. This latter is much larger and operates throughout West Papua. [19]

Larger organizations, or Defender of Truth (hereinafter PEMKA), which is chaired by Jacob Prai, and Seth Roemkorem are faction leader Victoria. During the murder Prawar, Roemkorem is commander.

Prior to this separation, the TPN / OPM is one, under the leadership of Commander Seth Roemkorem as OPM, then President of the Provisional Government of West Papua, while Jacob Prai served as Chairman of the Senate. OPM culminated in the organization and management (in modern terms) because as structurally organized. During this time, the Government of Senegal recognizes the existence of OPM and allows OPM to open embassy in Dakhar, with Tanggahma as Ambassador.

Because of competition, Roemkorem left his headquarters and went to the Netherlands. During this time, Prai take over the leadership. John Otto Ondawame (the time he left law school in Jayapura since followed and threatened to be killed by the Indonesian armed forces day and night) into the right hand of Jacob Prai. It Prai initiative to establish a regional commander of the OPM. He pointed and ordered nine regional commander. Most of them are members of his own troops at headquarters PEMKA, Skotiau border, Vanimo, Papua Barat.

Regional Commander of them, Mathias Wenda is the commander for the region II (Jayapura - Wamena), Kelly Kwalik to Nemangkawi (Fakfak), Thaddeus Yogi (Paniai), Bernard Mawen for Maroke region and others. The commander has been active since then. Kelly Kwalik was shot and killed on December 16, 2009. [20]

In 2009, a group of OPM command led by General Goliath Tabuni (Puncak Jaya) as a feature on an undercover report on the West Papuan independence movement. [21]

West Papua National Liberation Army [edit | edit source]


West Papua National Liberation Army (TPNPB), is the military wing of the Free Papua Movement (OPM). TPNPB was formed on March 26, 1973, after the proclamation of independence of West Papua July 1, 1971 at the Headquarters of Victoria. TPNPB formation is Army of West Papua by the Constitution of the Republic of West Papua in 1971 set out in Chapter V section of Defence and Security.

No comments:

Post a Comment